Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR200 station not found!

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

richard_newberry
Weather Station: Watson W-8186
Operating System: Raspbian Bookworm & Debian 12

Re: WMR200 station not found!

Post by richard_newberry »

Does any of these work?

sudo updatedb
sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get clean
Desford Weather (at parents)
https://desford-weather.co.uk

Countesthorpe Weather (at mine)
https://countesthorpe-weather.co.uk
WetCoast
Weather Station: WS-2095
Operating System: Vista (Debian Linux)

Post by WetCoast »

All those commands work, no errors, but I still seem to have mono version 4.2.1 installed.

Perhaps I'll try Steve's advice and remove all of mono... all 155 packages... wish me luck!! :shock:
WetCoast

Post by WetCoast »

Good news and bad news...
first the good news,
after much fighting I've managed to get this:
Mono JIT compiler version 4.0.5 (Stable 4.0.5.1/1d8d582 Thu Nov 12 12:03:50 UTC 2015)

now the bad news,
When I try to run mono CumulusMX.exe I get:
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CumulusMX.Cumulus ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler' from assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at .Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I suspect that I don't have part of mono installed correctly but if I try to install mono-complete I end up in "dependency hell". For some strange reason it keeps saying there are dependencies, but when I satisfy that dependency it show more dependencies for the dependent, ETC...

Any suggestions?
WetCoast

Post by WetCoast »

I can't seem to beat it into submission... I can not seem to get the older version on mono completely installed. It keeps complaining about dependencies and even if I try manually to install the dependencies (there are a LOT and I have no idea why it's forcing me to do that) it still seems to install, at some point, the 4.2.1 version of mono, or some of that version's dependent files.

Is there any estimate as to when CumulusMX will work with mono version 4.2.1 and the Fine Offset station?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

WetCoast wrote:Is there any estimate as to when CumulusMX will work with mono version 4.2.1 and the Fine Offset station?
I'm afraid I don't know; I need to find time to install it myself and investigate. I'll see if I can do it later today. I'm still not sure I know how to install 4.2.1 on Raspbian Jessie. I get 3.2.8 by default, and it's currently running 4.0.2 with

deb http://plugwash.raspbian.org/mono4 jessie-mono4 main

added to /etc/apt/sources.list
Steve
richard_newberry

If mono 3.2.8 works, why do you need to update it?

Debian packages are updated for security fixes. Shouldn't need updating unless Steve says it needs to be updated.

'If it isn't broke dont touch it.' As the saying goes been a IT Technician for 15 years now. My mate taught me Debian in an evening. Updating packages and then downgrading is a bad idea, can stop other packages from working.

frankben
Weather Station: Oregon WMR 200
Operating System: win 10

Post by frankben »

Hi,

I had the same problem with latest mono version.

I uninstalled it en then I followd this procedure: https://neildanson.wordpress.com/2013/1 ... ard-float/

follow procedure to line 6, I did not do 7 and the rest, then all was working fine

I have now mono version 4.0.5

I relay do hope the fix this problem in the next version! It is always disappointing when you have to downgrade a version :(
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

frankben wrote:I relay do hope the fix this problem in the next version! It is always disappointing when you have to downgrade a version :(
It's not clear where the problem is, it may not actually be a bug in mono. I will need to investigate, but as I said above, it's not at all clear to me what the official upgrade path is that causes 4.2.1 to be installed.
Steve
richard_newberry

Why is it essential to upgrade to the latest mono?

I dont understand what benefits itll be.

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

You don't have to since you are in the UK but the problem with the locales that use the comma as the decimal delimiter was supposed to have been fixed in the later versions, but they also appear to have broken something else at the same time.
David
frankben
Weather Station: Oregon WMR 200
Operating System: win 10

Post by frankben »

Why is it essential to upgrade to the latest mono?
Hi richard_newberry

I think updates are there to improve the software and system running. For me It's always disappointing when updates don't do any more what the previous version was doing so well.

But as Steve mentioned we have to be patient so they can figure it out where the problem is.

My PI 2 is running great for the moment with CmX but I ordered a second PI 2 just to experiment with it. I also ordered two Rasclock Pi Real Time Clock Module V4.0, just to be sure the time is always right.

Solutions will come! ;)

Nice to meet you guy's

Frank
stars
Weather Station: WMR200
Operating System: Windows XP pro

Post by stars »

Hi, I got my Raspberry PI 3 B 3 days ago and the learning curve
have been pretty steep. But I have got it working now....

Downloaded the NOOBS file an unzipped it and
copied the files to a SD-card (16GB, Class 10). Which had the FAT32 format.

Installed the Raspian OS.
After some time I understood that the MONO run-times was needed.
And that I had to get used to a so called (DOS) environment.

My weather station is a WMR 200 with usb connection.
So when I got MONO V4.2.x the weather station was not recognized.
How to downgrade to an earlier MONO version ???
Finally I got hold of this info. May bee not big news but it worked very fine.
---------------------
First Mono needs to be completely removed from the system which is done by running the following commands.

sudo apt-get remove mono-complete
sudo apt-get purge mono-complete
sudo apt-get autoremove

Then update the source list with the version you wish to install by running the following command (replace x.x.x of the code snippet below with the version number you wish to install - in my case it was 4.0.5).

echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/x.x.x main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list

Finally run update and install the mono packages as shown below.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mono-devel
sudo apt-get install mono-complete

Hope this helps...
cheers stars ;)
harrym1byt
Weather Station: WH 1081 (EasyWeather type)
Operating System: Win10

Post by harrym1byt »

Could someone please give me a few clues how to download mono, to work with a FO USB station?

I am struggling to make sense of the download process on the R Pi, in particular, this bit...

"Then update the source list with the version you wish to install by running the following command (replace x.x.x of the code snippet below with the version number you wish to install - in my case it was 4.0.5).

echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/x.x.x main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list

Finally run update and install the mono packages as shown below."
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

harrym1byt wrote:Could someone please give me a few clues how to download mono, to work with a FO USB station?

I am struggling to make sense of the download process on the R Pi, in particular, this bit...

"Then update the source list with the version you wish to install by running the following command (replace x.x.x of the code snippet below with the version number you wish to install - in my case it was 4.0.5).

Finally run update and install the mono packages as shown below."
I maybe mistaken however pretty sure that Mono for FO stations needs to be no higher than version 3.x and has been mentioned numerous times on these forums. you will need to point your sources.list to an older mono distro afaik. then you run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade to install the correct one. whatever version of Mono you have at present should be uninstalled first of all.

you may want to look at "other" threads since this was initially for the Oregon Scientific WMR200 and not Fine OffSet stations.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

harrym1byt
Weather Station: WH 1081 (EasyWeather type)
Operating System: Win10

Post by harrym1byt »

I am very new to the Pi and to Linux, but so far I have managed to get my Pi working, installed CMX on it, got that working, plus can access the Pi from my laptop using VMC and can get CMX working, can browse its web page. I am just stuck at the moment, with the Pi not seeming to connect to the stations usb...

I have also worked out how to remove the latest mono, where I am struggling is finding an older copy of mono and maybe the instruction as to how to install it, when I do manage to get hold of a suitable version.