Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

PCE Console display

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

gluepack
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Re: PCE Console display

Post by gluepack »

Thanks.
However, having just used another approach to creating the gif, returning to the original and creating a png doesn't seem to have made any improvement. In fact the gif looks better on a non-white background as there are some extraneous pixels remaining in the png.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
Station type: PCE-FWS 20…Webcam link: View south to edge of Provadisko plateau
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Try this, any better?
pce.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

Sure it looks better but a) how did you improve it and b) the file is nearly twice the size now.

Update: ...and, I'm not sure why, it looks better here and in paintshop pro/irfanview but it doesn't look any better when I display it from my website (pceconsole1.php as opposed to pceconsole.php). My brain hurts!

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

gluepack wrote:Sure it looks better but a) how did you improve it and b) the file is nearly twice the size now.
Just masked it Photoshop and erased the background. Size, yep PNG will always be larger than an optimised GIF, but that's teh price you pay for better quality.
gluepack wrote:Update: ...and, I'm not sure why, it looks better here and in paintshop pro/irfanview but it doesn't look any better when I display it from my website (pceconsole1.php as opposed to pceconsole.php). My brain hurts!
pceconsole1.php is still using the GIF file.
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

pceconsole1.php is still using the GIF file.
oops, I forgot my css file, thought it was defined in the php.

As far as the masking is concerned, I can probably do that in PaintShop Pro but don't have the time at present to think about it. Thanks, anyway.

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

OK, cleaned it up bit more, and I omitted some extra anti-aliasing of the transparency on the first version :bash:
pce2.png
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

I have uploaded version JD1.2.

Changes since last version:
- added overlays for wind speed (mph), temperature (F), pressure (mb) and rain (in), if realtime.txt has those units specified
- replaced console base image with better quality image and transparent background (thanks to mcrossley)

I have also included a readme.txt file in the zip which essentially gives the same information as my previous upload post.
However, apart from the changes to the pceconsole.php/css script files, there are now additional jpg files in the pcecon folder (for the above overlays) and the base console GIF has been replaced by a PNG of the same name.

Hope that it works ok for you.

Perhaps one day I will make it sleeker.

Update: Problem with overlays not displaying resolved in JD1-2a full zip file
Last edited by gluepack on Tue 15 Sep 2015 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

OK have put the new version in place at but I am not seeing mph,in or mb (checked my realtime.txt file and they are definitely there) and the rain fall for the last 24hrs is 0.32in but there are some very strange numbers there!!

http://www.dmjsystems.co.uk/weather/gspceconsole.php
David
water01

Post by water01 »

I could be wrong here but your rain code seems to be picking up rainrate field (realtime.txt field 8 (numbering starts at 0) rather than rain last 24hrs field (realtime.txt field 9)?

Edit.
OK I think there is some confusion here and that is my console shows under the wind dial, wind MPH and Rain 24hr in inches, but it is not really 24hr it is the amount of rain since midnight i.e. realtime.txt field 9 (field 10 in the wiki) rain today. Does yours show wind speed, rain 24hrs and rain rate?
David
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

Checking it, will get back to you.
Meanwhile.... it displays rain rate and rain for last 24 hours. Cumulus only provides rate and rain for today in realtime.txt so rain for last 24 hrs is picked up from the additional template file.

water01

Post by water01 »

Hmmmmm according to this PDF manual http://www.industrial-needs.com/manual/ ... FWS-20.pdf for the PCE-FWS-20 it is the same as mine displaying just wind speed (Wind Average Speed and Gust Speed) and Rain (1h, 24h, week, month and total rain). No mention Rain rate.

So surely you should be just showing realtime.txt field 10 rain today not rainrate and last 24hrs.
David
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

I have changed location of code for the overlay setup, moved from end of file to around line 140+
Try this (it is just the php script) and see if it works for you.

As far as rain is concerned. This was adapted from the Davis console original code. It may be a misunderstanding but I have assumed that the two rain values on the display are rate/hour on the left and volume of rain for last 24 hours on right (hence the heading text on the base image). Bear in mind that this was a project to emulate my display). I am open to correction.

water01

Post by water01 »

I will give it a try.

My apologies, I very much appreciate the work you have put in to this project, and I didn't mean to criticise I was just trying to clarify if we were singing from the same hymn sheet and our consoles were displaying the same thing.
Last edited by water01 on Wed 16 Sep 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
water01

Post by water01 »

OK that fixed it.

I have changed the rainfall number on mine to #rfall to better reflect what my console is saying and I will wait and see on the rainrate as 1 decimal place is not enough for inches rain rate. It's there for the moment but I may get rid of it.

Thanks for all your work it now looks pretty good http://www.dmjsystems.co.uk/weather/gspceconsole.php
David
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

I have uploaded a new version JD1.3.

Changes are:
- Added overlays for more models of console. Now it caters for WH1080 and clones from...
PCE (the base image), Ambient, Maplin, AstroTouch, Alecto, Weathereye, Watson and Freetec
- Changed Tendency images (from GIF's) to PNG's - improved appearance, size and location plus sun is now visually more accurate (don't laugh).
- Improved (slightly) appearance of wind direction arrow and location of in/out temp/humidity.

Let me know, if any problems.

Again, you can see it standalone at...
http://www.jerbils.info/saratoga/pceconsole.php
and embedded into my weather home page at...
http://www.jerbils.info/saratoga/wxindex.php
also, in it's own webpage at...
http://www.jerbils.info/saratoga/wxdisplayPCE.php
although that isn't public yet.