Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

PHP Error

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: PHP Error

Post by PaulMy »

PaulMy wrote:In Configuration > Internet settings do you have Enable Realtime, Enable Realtime FTP, Realtime.txt FTP all ticked and Realtime Interval ? secs set?

Paul
Looks like realtime.txt is being updated now, at 2 minute interval :clap:
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
MackerelSky
Weather Station: Davis VP2 w/FARS
Operating System: Toshiba Laptop Windows 7 x64

Post by MackerelSky »

sparkynerd wrote:Ok guys- sorry about the trouble with the locally hosted web site. I uploaded my site to my web host. It is located at http://sparkylabs.net/weather/wxindex.php.

Now I seem to have a different problem as you will see on the page - no realtime data... arrrgghhh... it's late here... I'm fried between working on this and a new pfsense firewall. I will check on it in the morning unless the "clue phone" rings before then. :groan:
At least you have a sense of humor about this. ;)

I believe Paul(when does he sleep) is right about having WD version instead of the CU version. Ken has quite a few ways to look at your site built into his scripts so give the link below a look.

http://sparkylabs.net/weather/check-fet ... w=versions

To me, you need to download the Base-USA CU plugin and try again.

We'll be around to help.

Brad
Davis VP2/FARS
Cumulus 1.9.4(1092)

McKean Weather
'cause not everyone lives at the airport

sparkynerd
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows, Linux (various)

Post by sparkynerd »

Thanks to everyone for the assistance! I think I am going to create a new folder on my website, and try and start from scratch. I have learned a lot from my trial run, so I am hopeful that the second try will be better. These templates are awesome!
MackerelSky

Post by MackerelSky »

sparkynerd wrote:Thanks to everyone for the assistance! I think I am going to create a new folder on my website, and try and start from scratch. I have learned a lot from my trial run, so I am hopeful that the second try will be better. These templates are awesome!
I see you've got the current CU files loaded and your realtime.txt is loading properly, things will get easier.
Some configuring left to do.

A way to tell when you get your CUtags working is by, again, viewing the source of the script.

http://sparkylabs.net/weather/CUtags.php?sce=view

Good Luck and don't be afraid to ask, quite a few folks run Ken's scripts around here.

Brad
Davis VP2/FARS
Cumulus 1.9.4(1092)

McKean Weather

sparkynerd

Post by sparkynerd »

OK... I am seriously confused now. I created a new website with the v3 templates. I cant get Cumulus to upload data to the new site. Sorry to ask a stupid question, but can someone send me the "newest" settings for Cumulus>Internet?

UTF8? Active FTP? FTP Rename? Realtime? Include standard files?

I am FTPing 'C:\Cumulus\web\CUtags.txt' to as 'CUtags.php' and 'Process', 'FTP', and 'UTF-8' checked.
I have 'Auto Update', 'Use FTP Rename', 'UTF-8 encode', and 'Include standard images' checked.
I also have 'Enable realtime', 'Enable realtime FTP', and 'Realtime.txt FTP' checked.
I also verified the proper FTP upload folder.

I swear I've tried everything to no avail. I was sick with the stomach flu yesterday, so I must have barfed out all of my common sense troubleshooting. I didnt have this much problem on my local webserver, so I dont know if its my web host, or what. I am getting "Not current" on all my data on the Status page, and my CU tags dont appear to be updating. Does anyone have experience with Godaddy hosting? It seemed to work better before I restarted from scratch. My website is still at http://sparkylabs.net/weather/wxindex.php
Thanks!!!
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

This may not be helpful but I notice your Cumulus version is very old so would suggest you update it to most current. Just install it over top of existing, but as always - make a copy first (I usually copy the whole Cumulus folder as a backup before updating).

Second, there is a CUtags.php in your /weather folder but it does not look current. Have you checked if CUtags.txt is actually being processed and uploaded correctly? Do a manual Update in Cumulus and watch the progress (I sometimes try to copy and paste all the process and update info into Excel to check that all the processing and upload is actually being done and to where - note that realtime uploads will not display in that manual Update). There is a CUtags.php in your /weather folder but it does not look current.

My Configuration > Internet > Sites/Options settings ticked the following:
Auto Update
Use FTP rename
interval 5 min
Enable Realtime
Enable Realtime FTP
Realtime.txt FTP
Realtime interval 5 secs

Configuration > Internet > Files remote filename for CUtags.php ticked Process, FTP and UTF-8

As noted your Cumulus is an old version. Is your CUtags.txt a most recent version from Ken's download? You may get better results with current version of Cumulus processing and upload the current CUtags.txt.

Paul
Last edited by PaulMy on Tue 24 Feb 2015 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

I may have jumped the gun in my previous reply. Your Saratoga wxindex.php page shows the old version of Cumulus but your index.htm shows the current version and build uploads. Not sure why or how these would be different though!?!

looks like you removed some of the standard Cumulus template files from your webhost now that you are changing to the Saratoga PHP but the standard files are still being processed and uploaded to /weather so that shows that part is working.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
sparkynerd

Post by sparkynerd »

Paul-

Thanks for the Cumulus settings. I didnt follow my own golden rule: always write down working settings! :bash:
You are correct- I am running the latest version of Cumulus, but I did notice the webpage shows a different version too. Weird. I cant figure out why CUtags is not being uploaded. Also, I set the timezone in settings.php, but the time on the webpage is incorrect. I am fairly sure I downloaded the most recent version of the templates, but if you have a link to the download can you send that? I doubt its the problem, but I may also copy the website back to my local webserver for troubleshooting to rule out my web hosting as the problem.

Here is part of my FTP upload:
Uploading C:\Cumulus\web\CUtags.txttmp
Remote file: CUtags.php
Uploading C:\Cumulus\realtime.txttmp
Remote file: realtime.txt
Is the '*.txttmp' correct?

Thanks again!
sparkynerd

Post by sparkynerd »

looks like you removed some of the standard Cumulus template files from your webhost now that you are changing to the Saratoga PHP but the standard files are still being processed and uploaded to /weather so that shows that part is working.
When I reinstalled the webpage, I didnt install the original cumulus web files... could that be the issue here?
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

When I reinstalled the webpage, I didnt install the original cumulus web files... could that be the issue here?
I don't think that would be the problem.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

sparkynerd wrote:Paul-

Thanks for the Cumulus settings. I didnt follow my own golden rule: always write down working settings! :bash:
You are correct- I am running the latest version of Cumulus, but I did notice the webpage shows a different version too. Weird. I cant figure out why CUtags is not being uploaded. Also, I set the timezone in settings.php, but the time on the webpage is incorrect. I am fairly sure I downloaded the most recent version of the templates, but if you have a link to the download can you send that? I doubt its the problem, but I may also copy the website back to my local webserver for troubleshooting to rule out my web hosting as the problem.

Here is part of my FTP upload:
Uploading C:\Cumulus\web\CUtags.txttmp
Remote file: CUtags.php
Uploading C:\Cumulus\realtime.txttmp
Remote file: realtime.txt
Is the '*.txttmp' correct?

Thanks again!
Since your realtime.txt is current in your /weather folder those settings appear to be correct. But then CUtags.php is not current! Using http://sparkylabs.net/weather/CUtags.php?sce=view your wxindex.php seems to show the data from that /weather/CUtags.php. Have you checked the date/time of CUtags.php (using Filezilla) and could you download that and have a look at the processed data in that file to see if it is that Jan 27, 2011 data or current data?

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
MackerelSky

Post by MackerelSky »

Hey Bryan,

Looks like you are getting there. :clap:

Just need to get your 'forecast images' uploaded into /weather/forecast/images directory and things will look real good.

You currently have 3 degrees showing while I'm sitting here at -27.3, a brrrrrrr.

Brad
Davis VP2/FARS
Cumulus 1.9.4(1092)

McKean Weather

PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Persistence pays off... Your CUtags.php looks good and up to date.

Glad you got it updating, and soon you'll begin your customization!

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
sparkynerd

Post by sparkynerd »

WOOOHOOO!!!
Looks like you are getting there. :clap:

Just need to get your 'forecast images' uploaded into /weather/forecast/images directory and things will look real good.

You currently have 3 degrees showing while I'm sitting here at -27.3, a brrrrrrr.
Thanks- Done! -27 degrees??? I'll stop complaining now.
Persistence pays off...
Yes it does! I woke up super early this morning and starting on it again before work. I think my brain works while I sleep, because I usually wake up with at least an idea of a solution. Thanks to the suggestions, I started looking into WHERE 'CUtags.php' and 'realtime.txt' were actually being uploaded. The graphics were going into the home directory of the website, but CU and real were going into '/' !!! It took me a little bit of trial and error to figure out the syntax, but now its working! I am going to copy my settings for future reference (because a tech nerd is never satisfied with something that works) and I may post my settings for my web host and setup for those who may have similar troubles. OK,I know I have taken enough of everyones spare time, but I have 2 more questions:

(1) Is the website supposed to reload / update automatically at the time it shows 'Next update'?
(2) At the top of 'wxforecast.php', how do I fix the missing 'spaces' in the text between 2015 and Forecast? i.e.: 'Updated: 6:35 pm EST Feb 24, 2015Forecast Valid: 7pm EST Feb 24, 2015-6pm EST Mar 3, 2015Forecast Discussion'? Its a small detail, but this template looks fantastic and I love the small details!

Thanks again to everyone for their patience and assistance!!! I am a member of a lot of tech forums, but I'm new here. Forums are only as good as the members, and this is one of the best! Thanks! :D
sparkynerd

Post by sparkynerd »

BTW- I took the Cumulus server offline temporarily to clone my ssd. It should be back online in the morning.