Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Low Values On Gauges Question

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

Grimers
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 64-bit

Low Values On Gauges Question

Post by Grimers »

Hello,

I've just set all of the gauges e.g. temperature, humidity and pressure's low value to be shown on the gauges. I have gone through all of the script trying to work out why for some reason the low value is not scrolling up the side of the gauges like the high value. The blue arrow is showing but it's either sat at -20 for temperature, 0 for humidity or 960 for pressure which is obviously incorrect. I've tried to avoid posting as I've spent most of the afternoon trying to work out why this value isn't showing.

However, for dew point, apparent temperature, wind chill and heat index this is working...

Here is my Gauges page: http://www.newton-poppleford-weather.co.uk/gauges.htm

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Low Values On Gauges Question

Post by mcrossley »

You will find they correct themselves at the first refresh. It is how the gauges work, the min/Max indicators are 'dynamic', in that if you set their values and the gauge value exceeds them they reset to the gauges value.

So when the gauges are first drawn, what are their values? The low indicators will reset to those values.

So you either have to set the min/Max values after the initial animation, or do without the animation from zero/min and display the gauges the first time with their initial value.
Grimers

Post by Grimers »

mcrossley wrote:You will find they correct themselves at the first refresh. It is how the gauges work, the min/Max indicators are 'dynamic', in that if you set their values and the gauge value exceeds them they reset to the gauges value.

So when the gauges are first drawn, what are their values? The low indicators will reset to those values.

So you either have to set the min/Max values after the initial animation, or do without the animation from zero/min and display the gauges the first time with their initial value.
Ah, I think I phrased the question wrong. I am on about the triangular shaped pointers on the outside of the gauges. They work for the Dew Point and Rainfall Rate gauge but no others.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

That was what I was talking about too, and that is why they are not used by default on the gauges.
Grimers

Post by Grimers »

mcrossley wrote:That was what I was talking about too, and that is why they are not used by default on the gauges.
Ok, so basically the arrows do not work on those gauges I have mentioned. If so, that's no problem?
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

They will work, but if want them displayed you have some work to do to change how the gauges are initially displayed.