Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Trouble installing SteelSeries Gauges

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

bri-ko
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 2003 server

Trouble installing SteelSeries Gauges

Post by bri-ko »

I am trying to install the SteelSeries Gauges and have followed the instruction on the wiki. When I try to switch to gauges I get gauges on the screen but no data. I do get my longitude and latitude, my station name, etc. but in the forecast box I get this message "Parse error SyntaxError JSONparse unexpected character at line 72 column 17 of the JSON data"

When I compare the gauges.htm and gauges-ss.htm I see var information with values on the gauges.htm but don't see any var information in the -ss.htm file. I'm assuming that is because it is not static but what is used to get the updated data into the gauges-ss.htm file?

I really don't know much about web files and would appreciate your assistance.

TIA,
Brian
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Trouble installing SteelSeries Gauges

Post by steve »

The data for the ss gauges comes from the realtimegauges.txt file, which you configure Cumulus to upload as an 'extra file'. Perhaps the configuration information you have supplied is incorrect - note, for example, that you have to supply the full path for the remote file. If you could give a link to your gauges page, and show a screen shot of your internet configuration (sites and files tabs), it would be useful for diagnosis.
Steve
gluepack
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Post by gluepack »

A really naive question but, having never looked at these gauges for my website before and having looked at the wiki and downloaded the zip file and unzipped it and only being able to find a logo image, where are the gauges?

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
Station type: PCE-FWS 20…Webcam link: View south to edge of Provadisko plateau
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

gluepack wrote:A really naive question but, having never looked at these gauges for my website before and having looked at the wiki and downloaded the zip file and unzipped it and only being able to find a logo image, where are the gauges?
The gauges are not based on image files, they are drawn by the script so they scale to virtually any size.