Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

HELP please

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

nickjwhite
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 10 Pro

HELP please

Post by nickjwhite »

Hi there

I have been using your gauges for two years now with no problems. I asked a question of Steve about showing cloudbase and he mentioned that I wqas way out of date on my Steel Series gauges. I have downloaded the files and uploaded to my site both the gauges-ssT.htm, and the realtimegaugesT.txt

I now only have 5 gauges and they are all zero'd.

I kind of thought there may be more to it than just changing the files, so I wonder please, if you can help me out to put this right.

Stupidly, I overwrote both files locally and on the remote site so I don't now have the originals

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: HELP please

Post by mcrossley »

Your page is still pulling in the version 2.3.0 of gauges.js

It is best to get a new test page going first, then cut over your main site from old to new by renaming the old/new pages HTML files.

Sorry, got to catch a train...
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

Hi Mark

Sorry to bother you again. Okay so I copied the gauges.js and any other files that looked like they should be there, and still it makes no difference. I know I have messed this up myself, and stupidly didn't back up the originals, but I would appreciate any assistance you can give me to put this right. When you have five minutes.

Many thanks :oops:
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

It may be best to do a full new download (latest version), and after edit gauges.js to your correct data path, then upload the new version to webserver as per the documentation - make sure you follow each step (I now put Steelseries in its own folder as that makes any new version updates much easier for me). Also remove the old version files from your webserver. Then when it is working you can modify your page links, etc. Make sure you have realtimegauges.txt being processed and upload by Cumulus to the expected location.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

Thanks for your suggestions. This was all a fresh download from the Cumulus site.

I did notice this morning that the paths were not set in the gauges.js, which I have now fixed, but still i's the same.

I am not very good at this stuff and seem to have got into a muddle. Is there anyone who could help me out? I can call someone if it's a case of talking.

I have added screenshots of my remote site and the cumulus settings.

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The gauges.js file on your web site, here - http://www.oldfelixstowe.co.uk/scripts/gauges.js - is still version 2.3.0. You seem to have put the SteelSeries files into the Cumulus web folder on your PC rather than on your web site.

You're uploading files in Cumulus to a directory on your site called 'weather', but it appears that your site is not actually in a directory called 'weather' - but that may just be how your web server is set up.
Steve
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

AHA !! I am getting somewhere thanks to you Steve. NOt sure why my web edit app (Dreamweaver) was pointing all wrong. Now using SmartFTP to upload.

So I have the gauges working okay. Onl;y thing now doesn't seem to be is the mouseover for the trends graphs. What do I need to edit or upload for that?

Huge thanks
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You've changed these lines in gauges.js:

Code: Select all

imgPathURL        : 'weather/images/',             //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'Trend' graph images
oldGauges         : 'weather/gauges.htm',           //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'old' gauges page.
You just need the defaults:

Code: Select all

imgPathURL        : 'images/',             //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'Trend' graph images
oldGauges         : 'gauges.htm',           //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'old' gauges page.
Steve
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

Brilliant thank you Steve.

Last thing.... the new Cloudbase gauge, says it's undefined where the gauge label should be. The I reckon I am done, and owe you big time. :o)
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You still have the old language.min.js file here - http://www.oldfelixstowe.co.uk/scripts/language.min.js - it doesn't have the cloud base items that the latest version has.
Steve
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

Okay, I have updated that.

Once again Steve, huge thanks for your kind assistance. I am happy we are all working again and now showing the cloudbase as well.

Donated in thanks :clap:
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Nick, you may want to set your station to report 8 wind directions rather than 16 in Cumulus, the wind direction gauge will look better - those Fine Offset station hardly ever report 16 directions correctly.

Also you need to correct your record low pressure reading, it seems to be zero - the gauge will then scale correctly.

But well done for getting there in the end.
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

Hi Mark

Many thanks for your kind words. I don't think I could have done it without Steve and your good self. I am no internet or web expert, and because it all runs so well and without trouble I only ever see this stuff about every two years. Then I have to try and remember it all.

I have changed those settings as you suggest, with a low reading of 950mb for the pressure. Changed the wind to just 8 points, but not sure it has changed anything on the web. Might just be my decrepit age.

I love the new look. And having cloud base is great for me. Next will be to upgrade the station to a Davis Vu or something, but not yet.
nickjwhite

Post by nickjwhite »

Mark

So sorry... one more question

The mouseover on the cloudbase gauge has the correct explanation for the calculation, but shows the pressure chart. I must need to add something here?

Cheers
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Cumulus doesn't log or graph the theoretical cloud base value, as it's more of a 'novelty' item which only applies in certain circumstances anyway. I did wonder whether it might be better if the cloud base gauge showed the humidity graph, since the cloud base figure is really just another representation of the relative humidity value (the lower the RH, the higher the cloud base).
Steve