Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Error log

sunseeker
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Error log

Post by sunseeker »

Hi
Newbie here with a query that I have been unable to find an answer to in the forum. I have installed the latest version of Cumulus (version 1.9.1 build 989) 24 hours ago and keep getting a message in the error log as follows:

Error writing alltime.ini. Cannot create the file "C:\Cumulus\data\alltime.ini". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

In all other respects the software is working well.

I am not very technically minded so please excuse my ignorance but how important is this error and is there a way of overcoming it?.
My station is a La Crosse W2350 , operating system XP SP3, Kaspersky internet security, Firefox browser.

Thanks in anticipation
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Error log

Post by steve »

The alltime.ini file is where Cumulus saves the all-time records. If it's unable to write to it, and you restart Cumulus, you are likely to 'lose' changes to all-time records.

The cause is quite likely your anti-virus; you could try excluding the Cumulus folders from the places the anti-virus checks.
Steve