Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

La-Crosse HF Signal Confirmation

6719jason
Weather Station: La-Crosse WS3502
Operating System: Windows 7

La-Crosse HF Signal Confirmation

Post by 6719jason »

Good Morning Steve,

I recently ran HeavyWeather to change the Data Logger Interval to match Cumulus and while I was running the software, I noticed that it would appear to get a Receipt or Confirmation of Data Received which in turn Flashes a Red Light to show that HF Signal was received.

I wonder if this data marker is sent by the Thermo-Hydro Sensor and understood by HeavyWeather, if Cumulus has the facility to do something similar?

It would prove helpful in the same way it does for Watson/Fine Offset Stations.

Anyway, I know your busy but just a thought :)
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: La-Crosse HF Signal Confirmation

Post by steve »

There's a value at address 54D which has something to do with this. The Open2300 memory map description says it contains "Connection Type: 0=Cable, 3=lost, , B=lost, F=Wireless ", so I guess that values 3 and B correspond to the Fine Offset "sensor contact lost".
Steve
6719jason

Post by 6719jason »

I see Steve. Thats useful to know.

I guess all 4 could be used - 0=Cable meaning Data every 8seconds (Maybe a 1 value could be transmitted in realtime.txt)
3=Lost - Cable Unplugged Possibly? (Maybe a 1 value could be transmitted in realtime.txt)
B=Lost (Maybe a 1 value could be transmitted in realtime.txt)
F=Lost - Signal not recieved (Maybe a 1 value could be transmitted in realtime.txt)

All 4 values could help provide a status for these Stations?

Once a La-Crosse loses connection Via Cable, it automatically switches to Wireless and visa versa when the cable is plugged in.

Food for thought :)
6719jason

Post by 6719jason »

Oooops a typo by me - corrected version...

I see Steve. Thats useful to know.

I guess all 4 could be used - 0=Cable meaning Data every 8seconds (Maybe a 1 value could be transmitted in realtime.txt)
3=Lost - Cable Unplugged Possibly? (Maybe a 1 value could be transmitted in realtime.txt)
B=Lost - Signal not recieved (Maybe a 1 value could be transmitted in realtime.txt)
F=Wireless meaning Data as and when recieved interval dependent on Wind Speed (Maybe a 1 value could be transmitted in realtime.txt)

All 4 values could help provide a status for these Stations?

Once a La-Crosse loses connection Via Cable, it automatically switches to Wireless and visa versa when the cable is plugged in.

Food for thought