Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Annual Data Summary update failure

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Annual Data Summary update failure

Post by bumpy »

Help please!
My weather website has been running almost faultlessly for many years and continues to do so with the exception of the Data Summary page which has failed to update since the Windows10 installation which I resisted for many months until it suddenly appeared as a download that I couldn't stop. At that point the website continued to update all other pages as expected every few minutes with the exception of the Data Summary page which lost all data and simply remained as a 'skeleton' page. I managed to recover the data and expected daily updates at 9am as had happened previously but no the page resolutely remained stuck at September 2016. Since then I have managed to update it manually until early this month but really want it revert to updating automatically. The daily update should be triggered by a Command Prompt but try as I will I cannot access the 'file' within the Command Prompt. When I follow the Cumulus Wiki instructions is says use AT in the Command Prompt but when I do this either going direct to the Command Prompt or by using the Command Prompt Admin route I get the same response to the effect that something is 'deprecated'. Whilst commands such as chkdsk and dir seem to work in the Command Prompt box, the command AT no longer seems to be accepted. Has the installation of Windows 10 affected Command Prompt commands? I feel sure that if I could access my Command Prompt 'instruction' I could then verify that the command to upload the dayfile.txt at 9.00am each day is valid.
Can anyone advise me how to access the Command Prompt correctly as the command AT now longer seems to work for me. Many thanks.
http://www.farleighmeadows.co.uk
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Annual Data Summary update failure

Post by steve »

I can't follow what it is you're trying to do, but if I type 'at' in a Windows 10 command window, it tells me that the 'at' command has been deprecated and asks me to use schtasks.exe instead. There is information about schtasks here - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx

This appears to be a way to manage scheduled tasks from the command line rather than using the normal Windows 'scheduled tasks' interface from the control panel.

Hope that helps in some way. If not, someone who knows what they're talking about will hopefully be able to help.
Steve
bumpy

Post by bumpy »

Thank you for your response. All I want to do is to see whether the Command prompt still retains the instructions to upload the dayfile.txt to the server at 9.00am each day. Prior to Windows 10 I could do this. As the upload is not now happening it suggests that something has become corrupted or deleted and I would like to establish whether the command at 09.00 /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su "c:\cumulus\upload-dayfile.txt" remains valid. This I cannot seem to be able to do because the Command Prompt interrogation process seems to have changed but this doesn't appear to have been reflected in the instructions contained within the Cumulus Wiki. I understand that I could try to set up a scheduled task instruction but having looked at it and not being confident at 'programming' I fear this may well be beyond me. I can obviously upload the dayfile.txt manually but would prefer it was done automatically as it has been for more than 5 years.
Has anyone any further advice please.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I can obviously upload the dayfile.txt manually but would prefer it was done automatically as it has been for more than 5 years. Has anyone any further advice please.
I use Cumulus Toolbox to upload my dayfile.txt shortly after midnight.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

bumpy

Post by bumpy »

Hi Paul
Thank you for the advice about Windows Scheduler. Glad to report that the Annual Data Summary automatically updated this morning: hopefully the previous problem is now solved.
Bumpy
bumpy

Post by bumpy »

Hello
A few weeks ago I was given some valuable help in restoring my website gauges page (steel series) following a power surge due to a thunderstorm. The help given enabled me to put things right. At the same time the trends pages and annual data summary had also 'disappeared' from the website. I subsequently managed to get the trends page working again but try as I might I cannot, despite many hours trying, get the annual data summary page to reappear. In desperation I finally decided to delete the relevant files from the server and downloaded the data summary zip file from the Cumulus wiki. In doing so I thought that by uploading the 'fresh' files to the server would resolve the problem but this hasn't been the case. When I force an update or allow it to do so automatically I simply get a blank page with an address of http://www.farleighmeadows.co.uk/datasummary.php
The files on the server are as follows:-
datasummary.php
datasummary.css
datasummary.html
readDayfile.php
The readDayfile.php file I amended line 19 to point (I hope) at the dayfle.txt file on the server. The dayfile is at /home/h09farl/data/dayfile.txt and line 19 shows this.
The datasummary.php file I amended at line 34 to read http://www.farleighmeadows.co.uk
Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong please.
Help very gratefully received.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

I viewed the source of what is on your page (view-source:http://www.farleighmeadows.co.uk/datasummary.php), and that shows me that part of your web page has actually been generated (the head is there) but the problem is during the PHP parse on your web server a fatal error occured very early in the parse of readDayfile.php file.
It is not my script, although I did help BCJKiwi with a few aspects. My first guess (based on this very limited information) is that when you edited the file to change the path you either mismatched the quotes or you deleted the semicolon needed in line 19.

If my guess is wrong, then you should insert a new line between 18 and 19 that just says

Code: Select all

error_reporting(E_ALL);
as this will cause all error messages to be reported and so aid debugging. (Don't leave it there for ever in a production environment!)

If you remain stuck then you could make it possible to see the PHP source code that your server is actually trying to parse (I posted something about self-downloads for listing php sources a little while ago).
bumpy

Post by bumpy »

Thank you to sfws for your helpful comments. I initiated an Error log and this has revealed a problem with line 31 in the datasummary.php file. Having looked at line 31 I can't see anything amiss but then I'm not experienced in these sorts of issues. I've attached some screenshots which may be helpful if someone can point me to where I'm going wrong. So far as I know when setting up the annual data summary the only manual adjustment I had to do was in the ReadDayfile.php and then save and copy this file plus datasummary.css and datasummary.php to the server.
Any help would be grafefully received.
Many thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Post by Super-T »

Any idea as to why my data summary, running in Firefox, is suddenly started failing?
http://www.janter.co.nz/weather/data/da ... ta=minmaxt
Tried it over a few days to see if the dayfile.txt was crashing it but the dayfile.txt looks normal.
after it first happened, waited 1 day and it came right but then the next day was garbage again. Perhaps a Server change of php version??
sfws

Post by sfws »

I have dipped into your site a few times since your posting, using Firefox, and all your datasets are up to date. Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean by "failing"?
Super-T

Post by Super-T »

I have partially found the problem.
I have a spare Console & Transmitter, testing running on different frequencies and have disabled all uploads in the test cumulus hopefully, but the dayfile.txt from the test cumulus is uploading over the laptops cumulus and causing my problem.
The reason for testing is that this is an Aercus Console and transmitter and this is new but crappy syncing with the transmitter and forever dropping the connection. I've tried adding an external power supply as the Aercus has a 5 volt socket input. Just to see if I can improve the performance.

I can't see why Cumulus is uploading the dayfile.txt to my website.
2018-09-29_104044.jpg
2018-09-29_104207.jpg
I can leave the website corrupted for a while so you can see the results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Super-T

Post by Super-T »

sfws

Post by sfws »

I believe the computer you are using for the test has different field separator compared to that set on your laptop? I assume your "readDayfile.php" source is the original David Jamieson code which has ',' defined as the field separator. I guess you have not revised it as I see you are loading a very old jQuery (you load jQuery version 1.5.1 that would be from January 2011 when David was releasing his PHP version, but the 2018 version is 3.3.1). Your corrupted web page is wrong because it is reading http://www.janter.co.nz/weather/data/dayfile.txt and that has a single line using ';' as field separator.

Code: Select all

28/09/18;0.0;0;00:00;12.2;23:56;27.1;14:39;1023.0;14:44;1026.9;23:54;0.0;00:00;0.0;20.7;0.0;0.0;00:00;29;14:32;56;10:44;
0.00;0.0;26.5;13:31;26.6;14:39;10.7;23:56;0.0;00:00;12.2;23:56;11.8;11:35;2.9;23:56;0;0.7;2.2;0;00:00;0;00:00
The corrupted look you are now showing is because David's code has found the year, and keeps reading characters as year looking for the comma to end the field. Also presumably the last couple of days when I was looking at your web page, and seeing no problem, I was seeing the file from your laptop and that does use ',' as field separator?
Super-T wrote:the dayfile.txt from the test cumulus is uploading over the laptops cumulus and causing my problem.
You are running 2 Cumulus programs at the same time. They are, if I understand you correctly, using different copies of "cumulus.ini", but it appears that you have set both to use same remote path for "dayfile.txt", so the simplest solution to what you are calling your problem is just to change the remote path for your test Aercus set-up. That stops any possibility of overwriting file from your laptop system.
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

He has 2 separate computers, one instance of cumulus1 in each.
The 'good' one is the system that has been in use for years.

The issue is the 'new' test system is uploading when it shouldn't be, and is sending the problem dayflie which overwrites the good one on the webserver.
He has not yet found what is sending the bad data as he has tried to turn everything off but something is still sending!
Super-T

Post by Super-T »

Thanks. I can see that the Laptop is using the "," separator whereas the desktop is using the ";". Thats the old windows 10 setup default problem and does explain the corruption problem.
I just copied the Cumulus directory across to the desktop for testing the aercus originally.

The problem I have that each time I start up Cumulus Aercus on the Desktop it uploads the dayfile.txt and overwrites the one from the laptop. I can't see why it does that because all the information for logins etc. is turned off in the configuration settings.

I've just change the ; to , and wiped the desktop Data to prove out the corruption issue.....just need to stop the upload. :-) Now to collect data for a day to see how it goes.
2018-09-29_174656.jpg